Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm stuck in Bocas!

But I'm stuck here because I want to be! I have absolutely LOVED being here. I could stay for a few weeks more, I really could. I speak spanish alot, and I go dancing almost every night. The beaches are wonderful, the water is warm and clear, the people are wonderful. And I've learned a ton of panamenan slang, which I love.

I can't believe I've already been here for 10 days. I'll be here at least until the weekend, but I might end up staying longer. I love not having a plan.

So my buddies from San Jose happened to be here at the same time! We were all stuck together in that miserable city, and had some memorable moments together. We bowled, drank, chatted, ate food. And I was genuinely sad to be leaving them for Panama. What a great surprise to see them here! It was totally a coincidence too - none of us planned to meet here. I can't describe how good of a time I am having! I became a scuba diver as well! Tomorrow is my last fun dive that came with the school package. It crazy...I have been 13 meters under the sea! What is that, like 55 feet? That's crazy! We saw a nurse shark and lobsters and lots of cool fish and coral. I'm hooked, its so much fun! I also got paid for the gig I did in Costa Rica, which also means I am now debt free. I turned around and paid off everything. So what I have left is what I have left. I still have time and money to get to play for several months more if I want! Life is good.

I took a risk in coming on this trip. I worked hard and saved alot, moved my things back to my parent's basement, got rid of all payments possible, and here I am. Living a life I never would have DREAMED that I would be living. By the time 2010 is done I will have been to 7 new countries and have been gone for 5 months of the year. And 2011 will look much the same, I have a feeling. I'm so glad that I took the leap for achieving this dream...Knowing what I do now, I wish I could go back in time and convince myself to do it earlier! I can already tell, halfway through my time here, that I will be SO happy that I did it. So for you who read this and dream of something big for yourself - DO it! Please! You will definitely thank yourself for it later. Someone smart once said that in life, you only regret the things that you don't do. Take the risk, do whatever it is you dream of, and you will thank yourself later. Mark my words :)

A sloppy album with ALL of my photos can be found here (I'm using this site for photo backup): http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=5765973013/a=99918853_99918853/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

No comments:

Post a Comment